Re: WBZ using CBS News on overnights?

>it was asked--
>
>No one's figured out the most important question at hand - why is WBZ
>running the CBS News on overnights?
>
>(They are still running ABC updates and Paul Harvey during the day).

WBZ also uses some CBS updates during the day and some CBS news bulletins
and Dan Rather's nightly commentary.  They have had the rights to some ABC
stuff since 1980 (including Paul Harvey and the Rest of the
Story).   Granted, it is rare in a major market for one station to use two
allegedly competing networks, but since we are probably going to live to
see one giant company that owns everything and everyone, it will soon be a
moot point... <gg>

As for CBS overnight news, it actually makes sense.  WRKO airs network news
on weekends, and from what I have seen, as more stations cut back on
overnights and weekends to save money, using the network gives them a live
human and avoids having the in studio jock ripping and reading 6 hours
ago's last WBZ newscasts...