Re: Field trips

>Chuck Igo wrote:
<snip>
> but you said you were, at most, 6... that makes those of us who
>did the shows in the window "old guys".  (ugh, he says with a wink and a
>nudge).
<snip>

        You want old? How about: I remember a Christmastime, almost sure it
was 1963, when WBZ was doing remotes from inside a large strorefront on
Arlington Street facing Boston Common. I think it was close to the Tremont
Street corner. The station was raising money for, I'm almost certain, the
Salvation Army, which I think they did for many years, one way or another.
And I think it was the Salvation Army's headquarters office premises they
were in.
        I remember it as a storefront that maybe had a very tall,
two-storey glass front and the inside was a large lobby area with a very
high/two-storey ceiling. I can't remember whether they had their sundeck
studio rig in there or just an indoor remote set-up. See, I was VERY young,
sort of.
        It was, in fact, my very earliest radio geek days. I had just
really discovered radio listening that year on my Lafayette 9-transitor
radio, and I dragged my parents in there from doing the Santa thing at
Jordan Marsh and looking at the decorations on the common. I don't remember
the DJ on duty. Could have been Dave Maynard, or Jay Dunn, or Jefferson
Kaye, but I'm saying that only because of what time of day it would have
been.
        I don't remember whether they kept doing that same remote in later
years, and don't know whether they had done it in earlier years.