Re: Durward Kirby, R.I.P.

I'm not sending this through my regular E-Mail server. To respond, reply
to: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

Didn't Durward Kirby and Garry Moore first team up as announcer and
emcee, respectively, on the Chicago-based "Club Matinee" over one of the
NBC radio networks (Blue?) around 1939 or 1940? I thought this
show--when both were still in their 20's--was when this long-running
collaboration started.

Moore and comedian Jimmy Durante also did a New York-based variety show
for one of the major radio networks (NBC red?) in the 40's. I believe it
began when Lou Costello had to suspend the show he did with Bud Abbott
due to some sort of personal problem. I think Kirby was the announcer on
that show as well.

Joseph Gallant
<notquite@hotmail.com>