Re: Thursday Night Countdown Chart)

On 17 Mar 00,  Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         The record company made that version available to radio and many,
> many stations used it. Never hear it now, though. A quaint reminder of
> other days. Also, I suppose the practical matter is that there's probably
> no CD version of the edit, so you'd have to make your own.

This reminds me of another edit, longer ago.  Back in the early 1960s, the
song "My Boomerang Won't Come Back" tells of a boy in an Australian
aborigine tribe who has this problem.  He sings, "I waived the thing all
over the place, practiced till I was black in the face..."

After a few weeks, a new version appeared, with "blue" substituted for
"black."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/