Boston TV memories?

A friend of mine who  now lives and works in the south lived here many
years ago, and he was talking about some TV he remembered as a kid.  Does
any of this ring any bells with you good people?

1.  Major Mudd's real name and where he was from?  (I recall it was Ed
McConnell-- or was it McDonnell-- ???)  And does anybody know for sure what
year he died?  His main slogan was "I'll be blasting you", but did he use
any other slogans?

2. In the late 1960s, the old Kaiser Globe station,  WKBG, Channel 56, had
a "Captain
Boston" and some character named "Bunker Hill" hosting cartoons, while WSBK,
Channel 38, had "Willie Whistle" and a "Bwana Don."   (I don't remember-- I
was away at college by then.  Does this bring any recollections?)

3.  Does the name "Judy and Goggle" mean anything?  Or besides the late
great Big Brother and Captain Bob, were there other locally produced kids'
shows in the 60s?  And did Captain Bob Cottle ever host a show with Popeye
cartoons?

Those are the questions.  Now, what is your final answer...???