Re: WPTR in stereo

On the subject of AM Car stereos. I was having my mighty (but paid for)
Dodge Neon getting   a check-up at the dealer's a couple of weeks ago,
and was looking thru a Chrysler accessory catalog. To my surprise there
was
a combination FM/AM-Stereo Cassette-deck and CD player  listed as an
option for ALL Chrysler vehicles...Price was $575, plus
installation/labor.  (I did not buy one.)

On a recent visit to Southern California I
rented a brand-new 2000 Dodge Neon which had AM Stereo. I only noticed
it when I tuned to KNX-1070, and the AM Stereo light came on.

Haven't heard an AM stereo music station in about 10 years. When I was
living in Alaska, KHAR-590 in Anchorage used the C-Quam system to
compliment its' Bonneville easy listening music. It sounded great.

On a side note..I don't believe there are ANY AM stereo stations left in
Maine or Northern New England are there? Wasn't WGAN AM stereo for a
while?

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine