Re: Troubles at Oldies 103

Chuck Igo <Chuckigo@aol.com> wrote:

>    Fast Forward several years to Portland at WWGT (the interim incarnation
> between WJBQ's at 97.9).<

<much snippage>

Reminds me of the time WWGT (during its "Great 98" phase) transitioned to
"G-98."  Same owner, Turner Porter, but a new PD (from hell.)  One of his first
acts was to demote me from full-time to a single weekend shift board-oping a
countdown show.  Needless to say I was a no-show for my first shift (having
obtained full-time work at Downeast's Auburn complex.)  Never regretted it for
a minute.  Where's Turner Porter now?  A famous saying from Jerry Williams
comes to mind...

Take care,
Chris