RE: Stephanie Miller fired by KABC/L.A.

Naturally none of us know what *really* happened or who said what
to whom, but:

> her former managers
> to spend their days crossing out more and more words
> from the Webster's on
> their desk and then issue her fresh guidelines each
> evening is a bit much.

If you have an employee who is under performing, it should be a
management responsibility to help them improve; killing the main
points of the act, issuing constant pot critiques, and threats to
fire aren't the way to do that. Of course they may have tried and
she may have refused, but typically in broadcasting the response
is to fire rather than fix.

One of the big problems in this business (I'm sure not only in
this, but it's what I know) is that management's responsibility is
to make money for the company and keep the company going. But it
should be done efficiently and without pissing people off. This
sort of thing wastes resources and morale.

-Pete
Plainfield, NH