1690 Military Y2K Testing

Tuesday morning (Feb 29, 2000) between 01:00 and 02:00
I was monitoring a constantly looping tape from an
unIDed station.
The loop basically went as follow:

beep...This is a public service announcement.
Southeast United States Special Military Services is
conducting Y2K testing under simulated battezone
conditions. Some of this testing was previously
performed on a limited basis on Sept 9, 1999,   Dec 31
into Jan 1, ........ and  we are currently testing Feb
28 into Feb 29.

This was on 1690 kHz mixing with the (1on1|?) sports
talk station on freq.
The carrier dropped exactly at 02:00 EST and the
usually dominant talk sports station became dominant
again.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I heard.  I do
have a wav file that I can post in a day or two to my
website if anyone is interested.

John
Derry NH