Re: A Group of Towers in Acton

My folks home since 1977 has been just about 1.5 miles
from these towers. I drove past those towers for about
5 years on the way to work listening to WBZ, and for
about 20 seconds each morning and evening over the WBZ
signal I'd hear in morse code D E R  (or maybe it was
D R Y - i forget now!) I think signal was actually on
on or about 340 kHz. Used as a radio beacon to hone in
on Grenier Field in Londonderry NH aka Manchester
Airport. I'm told these towers were installed in the
early 1940's (WWII) for a different purpose. Topo maps
show these tower locations as two parcels of land
labeled "Military Reservation"

John
Derry NH

   While we're on the topic,