RE: WTIC (AM) anniversary broadcast

On 11 Feb 00,  Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Doesn't the WTIC-AM signal reach out that far? I remember getting them
> crystal clear at my house in Great Barrington, MA (some 45 miles North West
> of Hartford) when I was little.

Speaking of WTIC, I seem to remember an ID on that station years ago which
I suspect doesn't comply with the requirements for a legal ID, at least by
today's regulations.  Maybe the rules were different in those days.
Sometime around the early 1960s, they used to ID with "This is Hartford,
WTIC, 1080, and WTIC-FM."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/