RE: WTIC (AM) anniversary broadcast

Doesn't the WTIC-AM signal reach out that far? I remember getting them
crystal clear at my house in Great Barrington, MA (some 45 miles North West
of Hartford) when I was little.

 >for all of its stations.  So unfortunately for all of us outside the
> >Hartford Metro area or that immediate surrounding area are S.O.L in that
> >regard.

This reminds me of what WTIC used to do for the Hartford Whalers games. They
used to have a small transmitter inside the Veterans Coliseum at 1060 kHz.
With a portable radio, you couldn't hear the Whaler's flagship station
(WTIC) inside the building, so by tuning in this small transmitter you could
hear the play by play. IIRC, the signal only went about a block away from
the civic center before loosing it.

--MIKE