Re: WTIC (AM) anniversary broadcast

>Matthew Osborne wrote:
>    Don't forget WTIC *CAN'T* broadcast on the web.  They are owned by
>Infinity Broadcasting/CBS radio which has a companywide ban on webcasting
>for all of its stations.  So unfortunately for all of us outside the
>Hartford Metro area or that immediate surrounding area are S.O.L in that
>regard.

        You are correct, sir. I dashed off that news bulletin in a hurry
and was not going into details. I was blah-blahing here only recently about
how, IMO, it's shortsighted for owners like Infinity not to be on the web.
        I just was looking at the Radio & Records website yesterday and
there was a banner ad for some programming consultant specializing in
increasing the workplace audience for client stations. It's a major thing,
ofcourse. And AM stations like all these Infinity stations should be first
in line not only broadcasting on the web but should be promoting it on the
air, because it's the AM signals with the worst penetration problem in
office buildings. In Hartford, Buckley / WDRC-FM has the right idea. I love
their new top-hour ID: "Serving Connecticut at 102-point-9; serving the
world at WDRC-dot-com."
        But, uhhh ohhh. There  I go again.