Re: Best Jingle Sings (was: WROR)

In a message dated 02/04/2000 12:38:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billo@erols.com writes:

<< Jingles do resonate in our memories, eh?  I miss BZ's "the Spirit of
 New England,"  WHDH's "The Best Show in Boston."  Closer to home,
 WCAP had a good run with "The Number One Voice" for quite some time >>

one other really great, i mean GREAT, package that aired in Boston was "The
You" Campaign, as done (and originally, i believe) for WRKO... big honkin'
brass and singers who could remember all of the words AND letters!
"...You.  You are the reason.  You are the reason we do what we do!" (big
honkin' brass goes here)
The Best Show package was maybe one of the last that actually had a full
sixty second "song" version.  I remember The You campaign full sings (anyone
remember how many different versions 'RKO had of the full-song-sings?) and
they were, well, just plain catchy.
one quick note, Bill:  please, no more Debbie Boone mentions?  ;-)

- -Chuck (please tell the jingle singers that it's a LONG i, ok?) Igo