Re: AM carrier current (was Re: Radio Free Allston back? )

In a message dated 02/04/2000 9:21:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mamros@MIT.EDU writes:

<< Boston College still has carrier current WVBC, in addition to WZBC on FM;
 I believe ZBC uses VBC as a "training ground" of sorts.
 And I think Boston University still has WTBU, a student-run carrier
 current operation  >>

Shawn & Scott,

   thanks for the info.  i recall when the evening jocks on Grahm Jr.
College's "64 WKLB" would be scolded and soundly chastised for somehow
cranking up the mitter.  the effect outside of Kenmore Square was minimal,
but those within the triangle of the three campus buildings (Beacon,
Wadsworth and Leavitt-The White Fuel bldg) were unable to pick up 68 WRKO.
usually, one of their engineers would hop on the green line and come huffin'
into the studio in the Beacon bldg, and turn the mitter off until the message
was completely understood.  from what i also understand, the engineer,
although put out, would usually leave smiling and muttering something "those
dang kids..."  again, only what i heard.  (i was lucky to get any airtime
since i was one of the "suckier" (as in really sucked eggs) student
announcers.... yeah, it's different now.  i'm not a student anymore.  ;-)   ))

- -Chuck Igo