Re: AM carrier current (was Re: Radio Free Allston back? )

Sometimes I've picked up what is probably WTBU (640)
in between 2 buildings in Boston. Suppose you're going
west on Storrow Drive and you take the Kenmore Square
exit; turn right onto Beacon St. toward Kenmore Sq.
You're in between 2 buildings (this is a block or so
BEFORE the BU bookstore). That's where I've picked up
WTBU.

WTBU is the station where Howard Stern got his start,
I believe. There's a scene in the movie "Private
Parts" where he's playing a record, knocks over a
bunch of carts or something, and the needle flies off
the turntable and he looks all anxious, etc. That
was supposed to be him making his WTBU debut...