carrier currents

Since carrier currents have come up: Salem State had
WSSC AM 640 from 1968 to 1976, at which point WMWM
FM 91.7 made its debut (first at 10 watts, then 130
watts which is the current power). I've been at WMWM
since 1981...
The old WSSC studios were in a tiny room in the
basement of the Ellison Campus Center--that room has
since turned into a janitor's closet. From '76 to
'84, they were in the Sullivan Building and since then
we have been in the Campus Center, also in the
basement but bigger studios than before.

More than a few vinyl records at my station have
"WSSC 640 kc The Viking Voice" stamped on them.
It was a carrier current heard only in the dorms.