Re: WROR

Only problem with WROR's niche is that it doesn't quite fit an "I'd Rather
Be" JAM jingle package. I'd pass a law that any station using the WROR
calls must not only play a format that perfectly fits that package, but
must run at least one "I'd Rather Be" jingle per hour. :)

(Yes, I'm joking, but it is, IMO, the best jingle set ever, even if it was
a bit out of place in the version "I'd rather be in Christchurch" for a New
Zealand station. And second in my book is the one that WGY used for
years... I can't recall its name, but it's the one that has a long "We're
proud to live in..." piece (WGY's was "the Great Northeast"). I think that
may also have been used in the Boston market at one time, though I don't
have the JAM CDs/hard drive storage at home near my sickbed to check.)

At 12:42 AM 2/4/00 -0500, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 02/03/2000 3:24:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:
>

>4) WROR has found a niche.  we don't play Elvis and the Big Bopper.  we
don't
>play DeBarge or REM.  we've been positioned that way since day one.  (sounds
>like a niche to me)

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law