Re: AM carrier current (was Re: Radio Free Allston back? )

Yep...BU still has WTBU - But the carrier-current transmitters are so weak
that practically the only place you can pick it up is within the College
of Communication building. ('TBU uses the old 'BUR studios on the top
floor).

So, they put 'TBU up on the web rather than fix/replace the transmitters.
I don't know why, but I find that kind of poetic...and ironic...

(www.bu.edu/wtbu to listen)

--Scott--

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Shawn Mamros wrote:

> And I think Boston University still has WTBU, a student-run carrier
> current operation (since students obviously can't get on WBUR).
>
> -Shawn Mamros
> E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu

Scott J. Saloway
Acting Senior Producer/Weekend Edition
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.