Re: WROR

In a message dated 02/03/2000 3:24:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
brian_vita@cssinc.com writes:

<< The comment was based on the fact that there have been a lot of format
 tweaks of late.  Last I heard the station was without a PD but programmed
 by Don Kelly and a consultant.  Its been in the tank ratings wise.  The
 basis was simply that they just haven't seen to have found their niche yet.

i beg to differ with your information, or in this case, disinformation.  your
sources (those providing you with that you heard) are grossly uninformed.
1)  define a lot in regards to format tweaks?  WROR, as in any business, has
made some gentle shifts in providing the product we've been providing for
over three years now;  a rock-based oldies playlist which uses the Beatles
and Stones as sort a benchmark from which we work.
2)  Beau Raines, WROR's program director since October, would probably go "oh
really?" in reference to WROR not having a program director.
3) ratings, which are due out today (Friday), have been trending up of late
since the beginning of the fall.
4) WROR has found a niche.  we don't play Elvis and the Big Bopper.  we don't
play DeBarge or REM.  we've been positioned that way since day one.  (sounds
like a niche to me)

i know that in the past, brian, you've had a problem with some of the
business decisions made by Greater Media.  again, that ship has sailed.
in your own day-to-day business, you must learn to adapt, adjust and hope
that you've made the correct choice, no?
instead of calling one radio station's fine-tuning moves indecisive, perhaps
you should think of it in relatable terms.  last i checked, i didn't call the
drive-ins along Route 302 in Maine "indecisive" for wanting to eliminate the
old, familiar looking speakers attached by a cord to a pole in favor of a
radio-based sound delivery system.

- -Chuck Igo (overnights, WROR)