Re: LPFM and translators

| But WMPG, by truthfully making the claim that many of its students live in
| Portland (the call letters stand for the 'University of Maine at
| Portland-Gorham') has a more legitimate claim on the frequency than does
| WBCN, which has none at all in that location. For the record, they never
| objected to the allocation of 104.1 for translator service in Portland.

Again, I can't speak for Infinity's inaction but it's preposterous to suggest
that WMPG couldn't cover Portland with 1,111 watts at their Gorham TL given
modern receiving technologies.  I said so at the time (check the archives) and
I remain unshakable in that conviction.  The opinions of most people on this
list remind me of the time I complained to my local cable system about the
removal of Boston stations.  Their suggestion?  Move.  Very helpful...

Take care,
Chris, who may have to move inside 128 to hear Boston radio before long the way
things are headed