LPFM

In my opinion, the FCC should not even have considered
opening the Pandora's box that has now been opened. Web
radio has already made LPFM nearly irrelevant. The
advent of dedicted Web-radio devices, and eventually,
dedicated _wireless_ Web-radio devices, will render LPFM
completely irrelevant (and will probably do the same to
standard terrestrial commercial and noncommercial
stations).

I'm no great supporter of the NAB. I think the
Telecommunications Act has seriously (maybe irreparably)
harmed US radio. I believe that the US broadcasting
establishment is one of the world's most shortsighted
groups of businesspeople. Most broadcasters appear ready
to sacrifice _anything_ for a buck. But the havoc that
large numbers of low-power stations will create on the
already overcrowded FM band is inexcusable. The FCC
already lacks the personnel to police the broadcast
bands. Adding stations only makes policing more complex.

Be careful of what you wish for... you just might get
it. Boy, is that the right message on LPFM!