Re: For This, CBS Canned Sean McDonough??

It's not a crazy deal, IMO. McDonough's biggest strength, IMO, is baseball
(which CBS no longer has); Enberg's got an extensive history doing
basketball and football, and I don't think his skills have that markedly
eroded.

I like McDonough and would have tried to keep him based on his on-air
talents, but this seems a win-win for the viewer (at least those who get
Sox baseball on WFXT... I'll have the DirectTV thing this year for the
first time, but I don't think it includes over-the-air Sox games).

At 03:37 PM 1/20/00 -0500, PublicRef2 wrote:

>It has been anounced, according to the Yahoo!/Variety entertainment news
>site, that Dick Enberg has been officially signed by CBS and that his
>first assignment will be one of the network's regional (the article
>didn't say which) college basketball games to air on Saturday.
>
>He will also suceed Verne Lundquist as the number-two NFL play-by-play
>man, while Lundquist will replace Sean McDonough as lead college
>football play-by-play man.

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law