For This, CBS Canned Sean McDonough??

I'm not sending this through my regular E-Mail server. To respond,
please reply to:  <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

It has been anounced, according to the Yahoo!/Variety entertainment news
site, that Dick Enberg has been officially signed by CBS and that his
first assignment will be one of the network's regional (the article
didn't say which) college basketball games to air on Saturday.

He will also suceed Verne Lundquist as the number-two NFL play-by-play
man, while Lundquist will replace Sean McDonough as lead college
football play-by-play man.

The article didn't say if Enberg will be CBS' number-one college
basketball play-by-play man,. But, he might be, for I believe Billy
Packer is still a college hoop analyst for that network. Remember that
Enberg and Packer worked several NCAA basketball tournaments together
for NBC between 1976 and 1981.

Enberg is also expected to work U.S. Open tennis and the Masters Golf
tournament.

For this, CBS canned San McDonough??

But it appears McDonough is about to be named play-by-play man for
WFXT-25's Red Sox coverage (66 regular-season games in 2000; I haven't
seen the schedule, but I believe all 66 games are road contests) and
might also be in line to succeed Joe Buck as Fox's lead baseball
play-by-
play announcer, reuniting with Tim McCarver (with whom Sean called the
World Series for CBS between 1990 and 1993).

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>