Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally In The Fight Against The "Cash Machine"

I'm not sending this message through my regular E-Mail sercver. To
respond, send replies to: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

Bob Bittner, sworn enemy of the CashMachine(R) has gotten an unlikely
ally in the war against the machine that can squeeze out up to six more
minutes of commercials per hour.

This unlikely ally is Dr. Laura. This past Sunday (January 16th), ABC's
"World News Tonight Sunday" had a feature report, narrated by ABC
newswoman Judy Muller, about the machine. Dr. Luara was interviewed
about it, and she was irate! She was upset that he machine made her
voice sound "speeded-up".

This report mentioned that the inventors/manufacturers of the
CashMachine (R) have come up with another device which will soon be
offered to TV staions--a similar machine that eliminates occassional
"dead" spots in TV programming, "speding" it up, and giving TV stations
more time for commercials.

I don't know if this device can work on local music/DJ shows as it does
for talk radio, especially syndicated talk. But, with most of the
nation's talk radio stations running satellite talk 24/7, even if the
CashMachine works only for network feeds, it will still have a large
market.

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>