Re: LPFM

| In my opinion, the FCC should not even have considered
| opening the Pandora's box that has now been opened.

I heartily agree.  This just opens the door to more desecration of the FM band
in terms of interference protection.  80-90 has already done untold damage to
FM broadcast, to say nothing of abominations like WMPG's translator on WBCN's
frequency or NHPR's first-adjacent translator in Dover, NH.

| The FCC already lacks the personnel to police the broadcast
| bands.

Tell me about it!  The FCC has consistently turned its back on blatant
technical violations on the part of licensed commercial and noncommercial
broadcasters in this part of the country; who's to say what the "glorified
translators" will get away with?

Take care,
Chris