Re: Talking Information Ctr.

At 05:16 PM 1/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
> > What is the Talking Information Center?
> >
> > Is it some kind of radio reading service for the blind?
> > Those make for interesting listening...
> >
> > Sven F. Weil
>
>They have a studio in Lowell.  I know that WJUL (91.5 Lowell) uses
>it's SCA for the service and it's primary during off-peak broadcast
>hrs.  WJUL's 1.3 kW has a decent footprint.  Not sure what else is
>on the net.
>
>Bill O'Neill

In Connecticut, we have CRIS.  They are based out of Wethersfield, at the
Connecticut Foundation for the Blind.  The broadcast on an SCA, out of
Hartford, with Bridgeport simulcasting.  I believe they may also have
stations in Danbury and other areas.  At one time, there was a proposal to
have all the PBS Radio stations in CT distribute this service.  I am not
sure of its current status.
Pete