Re: WPTR yet again

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:54:26 +0800 "Hopper" <wlnhwbhg@lr.net> writes:

>Having grown up in the Tri-Cities, some might call it the Capital
District,
>one of the highlights of my young life at age 10 was going to the
>grand opening of the Stewart's Bread n Butter shop in Clifton Park where

>WPTR was doing a live remote broadcast.  Boom-Boom Branigan was the jock
and he
>was wearing a tux that reflected light like a giant disco mirror ball.
He
>was absolutely  glowing.

Having grown up there too, I have memories of the Boomer's personal
appearences myself.  I recall him coming to a carnival, perhaps in the
late 60's.  he wore that shiny jacket... with frayed sleeves, and drive
and old beat up convertible.  His hair certainly looked colred... had
that blue tinge to it... any ideas how old he is now... gotta wonder if
it was my own faulty observations (I was 16 yrs. old...)

Rick Kelly

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.