Re: WPTR yet again

Translation for those of you who haven't done time in the Capital District:

Stewart's is the omnipresent, it's-everywhere convenience store chain that
dominates this market with such vigor that Southland dares not tread here
and Cumberland Farms stores close about half the time they open one. (And
Stewart's does have great ice cream, made by the company itself, as well as
good Paul DeLima coffee hot all day.) Still locally owned (in Saratoga),
unlike long-time baking icon Friehofer's. Heavy ad presence on WGY for
years and years.

At 11:54 PM 1/13/00 +0800, Hopper wrote:
>Having grown up in the Tri-Cities, some might call it the Capital District,
>one of the highlights of my young life at age 10 was going to the grand
>opening of the Stewart's Bread n Butter shop in Clifton Park where WPTR was
>doing a live remote broadcast.  Boom-Boom Branigan was the jock and he was
>wearing a tux that reflected light like a giant disco mirror ball.  He was
>absolutely  glowing.
>
>And I thought..."This is what I want to do with my life".

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law
80 Ferry Street, Troy, NY 12180 USA