Re: WPTR, again

On 10 Jan 00,  Jay Fink! wrote:

> Compatible artists and songs  from  the 60's, 70's & 80's are in the mix.
> Dion's  "Abraham, Martin & John",  Dolly Parton's  "Here You Come Again"
> and  Vangelis'   "Chariots of Fire" were all heard within one hour this
> morning alongside the requisite pop vocal, instrumental and jazz selections
> from the 40's and 50's.

Their promos tonight are talking about 60 years of "Legends."

> No sign of a live host (yet).  The PAMS jingles are flooring me.

About as close as they've come has been a greeting from one of the WDCD on-
air personalities, who says he's only 28 years old, so a lot of the songs
are before his time, but he remembers some of them from the 70s, and they
bring back memories, etc.

The jingle they seem to be using most is the same one that I remember
hearing on WPTR in the late 60s.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/