Re: WPTR, again

At 01:04 AM 1/11/00 -0500, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>OTOH, as I've been listening, a lot of the "commercials" may be PSAs.

Some ads in the dayparts today were definitely paid -- regular advertisers
on other local stations.

>Their promos tonight are talking about 60 years of "Legends."

Which fits the music, though not the press. Whether the press or Crawford
caused that confusion, who knows.

>The jingle they seem to be using most is the same one that I remember
>hearing on WPTR in the late 60s.

And appears on the PAMS CD and on some airchecks out there. I *certainly*
never expected to hear Sonovox on 1540 again!!

Now if only we could get an adjustment to WTRY. Not only has it been
playing virtually the same short playlist of 50s/60s oldies since I arrived
in the area in 1977, but I just downloaded a 1973 aircheck and it was the
same songs then, too. Not saying they should ditch 50s/60s oldies - the
name recognition is incredibly strong and the basic format's still most
viable --  but maybe mix in a few more songs after 27 years playing the
same couple of hundred songs (or so it seems)???