Re: WPTR yet again

On 10 Jan 00,  Douglas J. Broda wrote:

> Yup... I don't think they could be doing make-goods or under old deals --
> those advertisers didn't buy time on the religious format AFAIK.

OTOH, as I've been listening, a lot of the "commercials" may be PSAs.

> Boston really should have a decent standards station. (1510 would *have* to
> be more profitable running standards again. One-On-One really should close
> up shop. It's painful to listen to and has lost tons of its outlets to the
> Mouse.)

That would probably confuse a lot of listeners, since 1510 is right next
to 1540 on many radios.  In fact, when I tried to listen tonight on my
stereo, I found that I heard 1510 along with WPTR.  I switched to my old
Philco, which my father bought in 1947, and it had no trouble separating
the stations.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/