WPTR yet again

They seem to have quite a few commercials, including some local ones, so
someone apparently did some work to sell ads on the station.  It's
certainly a good sign for the future to have ads at this early stage.

The signal is coming in like a local on my Sony 2010.  I think I'll set a
button for it on my car radio.  At last a replacement for WQEW!  And if it
usually comes in this strong, it'll be stronger than WQEW.

Funny, when I was in high school and first started to get into radio
monitoring, I always wanted to hear a new station sign on for the first
time.  I sometimes used to call the local office of the FCC to find out
what stations were under construction, so that I could look for them
regularly.  But I never had that sort of luck.  Well, it's not quite a new
station, but after all these years, I finally lucked out enough to hear a
station launch.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/