Re: NERW 1/7 (WPTR/WDCD)

Returning from the ozone (after an illness) to say....

Tonight between 7:30 and 8 in Troy/Watervliet/Menands, 1540 has CHIN and
what I believe to be KXEL stepping all over each other, with CHIN doing
marginally better.

Also noticed: In front of my home in Troy, WCKL 560 Catskill was clear and
seemed decent strength at 8 PM. Should its 43 watt lightbulb power do that
well? (I also heard a Spanish-language station at 530 very clearly. Any
idea what this might be? Cuba? Maybe they were booming to the north to
curse Dan Burton?)

One other oddity was a female religious vocal singing, in English, at 1640.
Could that be WKSH in Sussex WI, this far away?