WLLH-AM Lawrence transmitter off-air

The WLLH-AM transmitter on the Cregg (sp?) Bldg.
in downtown Lawrence was off-the-air as of Sunday
morning 01/09/00.  The more things change, the more
they stay the same.  The story was that Mega
Broadcasting had the Mega bucks to operate their
properties better than the cash-strapped entities that
sold  them. N-Y-A-A-A-H!  Actually, the WLLH
Lawrence operation has been a weak sister of WLLH
Lowell as long as I can remember.  Many times in
recent years, it would be off for days or weeks
but the Lowell stick kept on going.  I assume that
they have an auxiliary on the banks of the
Merrimack near UMass Lowell, but not in boarded-
up downtown Lawrence.  This seems strange for a
Spanish-language broadcaster;  Lowell is a more
populous city, but Lawrence has a bigger Hispanic
population.  Maybe they chose a Sunday to do
maintenance or even replace some equipment, but
it seems to me that a company that claims they are
willing to spend the bucks to make WARE a Worcester
station (nearly impossible) should first
fix a possibly viable operation.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com