Sorry, everybody; this is a test

I've just spent the last two hours trying to configure Microsoft Outlook 97
so that it sends plaintext messages to the mailing list. Garrett has the
list server configured to kill any message that is not plaintext. When this
happens, the originator receives no warning; the message simply doesn't
appear. I had previously properly configured Outlook Express, a completely
different program despite the similarity of names, but I also wanted Outlook
97 correctly configured. (I use Outlook Express for personal mail and
Outlook when I am connected to my company's e-mail system.) Configuring
Outlook Express was no picnic; it took quite a few tries. Nevertheless,
Outlook 97 was _a lot_ more difficult, and it would be nice to know that I
finally succeeded. As would many others, if I ever find the guy who writes
Microsoft "help" files... Never mind.

Dan Strassberg, Senior Technical Editor, EDN Magazine,
275 Washington St, Newton, MA 02458-1630, USA
1-617-558-4205, Fax: 1-617-928-4205, Alternate Fax: 1-617-558-4470
ednstrassberg@cahners.com, http://www.ednaccess.com