Re: those who covered the memorial

On 12/9/99 7:05 PM, Michael Fitzpatrick (fitzradio@mail.map.com) wrote:

> on a side note, WWLP-TV is the only Springfield affiliate carried on the
> Worcester Cable System.

WWLP is being dropped by Charter Communications on January 1 on the
former Greater Media systems, including Worcester, in favor of WYDN
Worcester (channel 48).  All I can say is, they'd better not on my system
in Barre, where all three full-power stations are carried (22, 40 and
57).  We're closer to Springfield than Boston and their weather forecasts
are often more accurate, especially in the winter.

There was also a letter to the editor in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette
this week complaining about the total lack of coverage of the fire story
by Worcester's two TV stations, WUNI (27) and WYDN (48).  I agree with
the writer that it is shameful that Worcester had to rely on out-of-town
stations for coverage while its own stations ignored the story.

Paul