Fwd: Re: W-H-RB on the Internet

 ---- you wrote:
> > A good music research program selects participants at random from members
> > of a station's audience. It then attempts to quantify their appreciation
> > of different pieces of music and to derive from the resulting numbers
> > conclusions useful to the station's programmers. These conclusions may
> > differ sharply from those suggested by listener requests.
>
> Then what's the point of the Top 40 survey?

>  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
>  Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/
WARNING:  Another WCRB pot shot (but I'm not on drugs...
honest.)

WCRB in its current configuration uses Top-40 style
gimmicks to relieve the tedium.  Things like a "Top 40
Countdown" or baseball-oriented tie-ins at the time
of the Red Sox' opening day, are like sauce on pallid
food, designed to disguise the unremitting sameness of
their programming.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com