WPMZ-AM Providence mentioned on NPR

I awake at (yawn) 5:30 am and listen to NPR's
Morning Edition so I can feed my cat, have breakfast and
wash up without enduring endless commercials...then
while driving to work, I sample MANY stations.  So
much for Larry's day; but the point of this entry
(and I do have one) today (11/23) Morning Edition
did a 7- or 8-minute story on how the Census Bureau
is trying to reach minorities to get them to reply to
the forms they get in the mail without fear of
government intrusion (we all should be so lucky).
They used as a launching pad a Spanish-language talk
show on WPMZ-AM 1110 in Providence.  I didn't know
that any of the foreign language stations in P RI
did talk, but the host of the show (whose name I
didn't catch) was the focal point of part of the story.
Even in the Waltham area where I work (not in radio
tho) I can't get it, WNNZ in Salen, NH blows it away
with a stronger signal than they used to have I
believe.  But a minor AM in New England got national
exposure today.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com