Re: WARE

At 03:42 AM 11/13/99 EST, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
>Regarding Martin Waters' mention of WARE in Ware changing later this
>weekend....
>
>This is a sad story.  An example of a lone AM in a small market not being
>able to survive on its own.  And its apparent only value is to use it as a
>rim-shotter (and not a very effective one) into a semi-distant market.

I recall the same feeling a few years ago driving thru Gardner and passing
the former WGAW studio building, now abandoned & overgrown.  My parents had
friends in the area, and remember driving past there and listening to them
as a kid.

Then Martin Waters added re: the broker--
>It's Dennis Jackson. As far as I know,
>he handled the sale. He certainly was the broker when WARE first went for
>sale. He posted a message here to the effect of, is there anyone here who'd
>like to own their own station for a half million or so. It was sometime
>last year, I think.

I find it hard to believe that an AM station with a lousy signal in the
middle of nowhere with no facilities save for a transmitter and a music on
hard-drive system would fetch anything near a half million.