RE: Various replies

SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> you'd think that IBOC would be welcomed with open arms.  If I'm not mistaken,
> it will allow for current analog b'casts to be retained while adding digital.

'Tis true, but it remains to be seen how engineers will be able to juggle sound
quality, signal coverage and error correction on such a narrow-bandwidth
channel while co-existing with analog service *in the real world.*  Also,
analog service would be expected to suffer some interference from digital
transmissions.

> I for one am not terribly anxious to have to replace every radio I own to
> gain something of dubious value.

Another thing abour Eureka is that while it might be ideal for Europe with its
greater population density it would not be as adaptable to the far more rural
US population.  Imagine what it would be like for Canadians!  Basically if
you're outside a major population center, you're SOL.

Take care,
Chris