Re: Jean Sheppard, RIP

While others here have mentioned hearing Jean Shepherd on WOR, my
introduction to his wonderful tales was on WBUR in the mid-70s.  They
ran half-hour tapes of this great storyteller weeknights at 10.  I was
enthralled.  After a couple years of using the CBS Radio Mystery Theater
as my crawl-into-bed listening, I switched to Jean Shepherd.

All Things Considered devoted a segment to Shepherd at the end of the
second hour yesterday--including about 5 minutes from a 1965 ramble--and
once again it was WBUR-FM which brought his voice to me (NHPR, VPR, and
WGBH-FM preempted the segment in favor of fundraising.  Grrrrrrrr.).  I
forgot that Mr. Shepherd was an ATC commentator during the '80s.

I know of at least two Elektra LPs from him: Jean Shepherd and Other
Foibles (EKL-172, 1959) and Jean Shepherd (EKL-195, 1960?).