Re: Digital TV Conversion

Because the type of programming they do appeals to people who are more
likely to question advertiser's usually outrageous claims for their
products.

The advertisers wouldn't benefit because -goddes forbid- they would have
to be honest in their sales pitches.

NOt to mention that Main Public Radio's (and NPR's as a whole) credibility
would be severely compromised.  Would you expect a radio station to run
news reports critical of companies like Monsanto or General Electric if
they wre receiving advert. dollars from them?  I don't think so.

 --
Sven F. Weil
e-mail: sven@lily.org