Re: Digital TV Conversion

The bond issue is also strange because Maine Public Television is a private
non-profit, not part of state government, and Maine tax payers will be on the
hook for nearly $10 million if the bond passes.  Maine Public Broadcasting
also gets a $2 million annual subsidy from the state on top of their federal
subsidies.  I have nothing against public broadcasting, I listen to the news
on Maine Public Radio every day, but I do not understand why they can't be
self-sufficient instead of feeding at the public trough.

--Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 10/9/99 9:04:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dcole@ime.net