Re: satellite problems...

At 07:06 PM 10/8/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I noticed that WCAP's recievers all went bat-poop at about 1730 both
>yesterday and today, from all bird receivers at the same time.

Could it have been a sun outage?  A sun outage IIRC, is when the satellite
and the sun line up at the same spot in the sky.  Since the sun is a great
generator of radio noise, it causes trouble for recievers.  This happens
around the equinoxes (spring and fall) which sounds about right for this
time of year.

I've noted this happening in the springtime, when I'd lose CNN and all the
other channels on a particular satellite.  I'll bet that's what is happening.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH, GROL                        dmoisan@shore.net
Invisible Disability: