Re: FCC (was: Re: clear channel buys amfm)

The Marketplace! either a frequency would be so crowded as to be rendered useless to all, then free up, going back and forth over the years (hmmm..just like the economy as a whole).

In effect, with no FCC, no regs, there would be no such thing as a PIRATE station!

(I think the FCC has a function for things like Police/Fire/Airlines, and controlling those frequency allotments, but not neccesarily comercial broadcast bands).

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH