Re: Expos radio-TV

<<On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 00:06:57 -0400, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@world.std.com> said:

> I'm not sure you need permission to carry another team's games anywhere.
> But it may be that the station in Vermont had a contract with the Red Sox
> and, because of that contract, needed permission to carry another team's
> games.

Northwestern Vermont has always been a bit weird as regards radio
coverage of baseball.  When I was growing up, the big full-service
stations (WVMT and WDEV) carried the Red Sox, and other Burlington
stations would carry the Yankees and the Expos (when they were
available, which wasn't always) or the Mets.  On TV, the only teams we
got were the Expos (in French on channel 2) and the Blue Jays (in
English on channel 6), both one game a week.

For football, we got the Giants and the Jets.  (Recall that the NBC
affiliate is located in Plattsburgh, N.Y.)  Hockey was (of course)
Montreal on both 2 and 6, plus (for those lucky enough to have cable)
Hartford on SCNE.  Basketball was Boston and New York (but few people
cared).

-GAWollman