Re: Expos radio-TV

I know that in the case of Worcester's Yankee affiliate, WWTM, they are not
allowed to run the games if the Yanks play the Red Sox.  They were running
those games in previous years, but this season those games weren't on WWTM.
It's kind of like if a national radio network like ESPN is running a game
which involves a local market team; It would be subsequently blacked out in
that market in deference to the local brodcast.  I'm not sure if the station
ran the games in the past and got "caught" or if Red Sox affiliate WTAG
leaned on the Sox to halt the Yankees-Red Sox games on WWTM.  Interestingly,
WWTM is owned by Entercom, which owns the Sox radio rights and the games
originate from sister station WEEI-Boston, which WWTM simulcasts from 6a-6p.
Why would they want to pull listeners from their Sox broadcasts in the
market, albeit on a competitor's station?  Maybe that's why the Sox/Yanks
games aren't on 1440 anymore.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase