Re: NAC really didn't have much of a chance in Boston

Touche!  I listened to WPLM when they flipped to Jazz until WOAZ came on
the air.  For a while I flipped between them both.  One weekend the
satellite service that fed most of WPLM's programming did an "All Sade
Weekend".  That was the end for me.  Now I wish that I had listened to them
more.  Oh well,

Brian

At 11:52 AM 9/9/99 +0000, Dan Strassberg wrote:
>At 09:55 PM 9/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I didn't understand that post either.  Did I miss a Jazz station somewhere
> >along the line?
> >
> >Brian
>
>Yes, and so, it seems, did everyone else on this gr...err, list--but it
>wasn't WMRQ. I haven't read all of the posts in these smooth-jazz threads
>(has anyone?), but in the ones I have read, I've seen not one mention of
>WPLM-FM. I'm pretty sure that it was just over eight months ago that Jazzy
>99.1 became Easy 99.1. How quickly they forget! (So much for memorable
>formats.) Also, didn't WUMB (FM) program jazz at night until quite recently?
>(The Quiet Storm.) Or was that considered _U_AC as opposed to NAC?
>
>I never listened very much to WCDJ, WOAZ, WSJZ, or Jazzy 99.1, because,
>although I consider myself a Jazz fan (albeit of far from all genres), I
>never considered the NAC brand of music to be jazz. Still, Jazz encompasses
>a wide variety of music and my refusal to concede that NAC is jazz may just
>show my prejudices. Anyhow, I found Jazzy 99.1 to be somewhat less boring
>than WSJZ. But the jazz that I like has a discernable melody and so little
>of NAC seems to have that.
>
>For those who like the kind of Jazz I like and who have access to a reliable
>high-speed Internet connection, I recommend CJRT 91.1 Toronto from 3-7 PM
>Eastern M-F. (CJRT is classical most of the rest of the time, although I
>believe that they do some folk on weekends.) CJRT is available as a
>RealAudio G-2 mono stream, and the quality is excellent. Sorry, but I do not
>have CJRT's URL handy, but my guess is that there are links to the CJRT site
>from most of the popular search engines.
>
>-------------------------------
>Dan Strassberg (Note: Address is CASE SENSITIVE!)
>ALL _LOWER_ CASE!!!--> dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
>(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA

(800)231-8849 US & Canada/+1-978-538-7575 Elsewhere
Fax (800)329-2775 US & Canada/+1-978-538-7550 Elsewhere

Email: brian_vita@cssinc.com
www.cssinc.com
***Visit Our Online Store***
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA