Re: NAC really didn't have much of a chance in Boston

At 09:55 PM 9/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I didn't understand that post either.  Did I miss a Jazz station somewhere
>along the line?
>
>Brian

Yes, and so, it seems, did everyone else on this gr...err, list--but it
wasn't WMRQ. I haven't read all of the posts in these smooth-jazz threads
(has anyone?), but in the ones I have read, I've seen not one mention of
WPLM-FM. I'm pretty sure that it was just over eight months ago that Jazzy
99.1 became Easy 99.1. How quickly they forget! (So much for memorable
formats.) Also, didn't WUMB (FM) program jazz at night until quite recently?
(The Quiet Storm.) Or was that considered _U_AC as opposed to NAC?

I never listened very much to WCDJ, WOAZ, WSJZ, or Jazzy 99.1, because,
although I consider myself a Jazz fan (albeit of far from all genres), I
never considered the NAC brand of music to be jazz. Still, Jazz encompasses
a wide variety of music and my refusal to concede that NAC is jazz may just
show my prejudices. Anyhow, I found Jazzy 99.1 to be somewhat less boring
than WSJZ. But the jazz that I like has a discernable melody and so little
of NAC seems to have that.

For those who like the kind of Jazz I like and who have access to a reliable
high-speed Internet connection, I recommend CJRT 91.1 Toronto from 3-7 PM
Eastern M-F. (CJRT is classical most of the rest of the time, although I
believe that they do some folk on weekends.) CJRT is available as a
RealAudio G-2 mono stream, and the quality is excellent. Sorry, but I do not
have CJRT's URL handy, but my guess is that there are links to the CJRT site
from most of the popular search engines.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205